Pigeon, Sea Gull, and Bird Control Service
Your Local Bird Control Experts
Birds are lovely, but when they begin to create an infestation problem they pose a serious health risk to humans. These pests need to be handled in a humane, effective, and efficient manner.
Bird Control and Management
Few would argue that birds are without doubt one of the most beautiful creatures on earth. However, certain species have behaviour traits that are not just annoying or irritating—-some can be harmful and even carry parasites that are downright dangerous. We’ve all experienced problems with a bird, haven’t we?
There are almost eight hundred twenty-eight species of native birds all over Australia. This, however, does not include twenty-seven introduced bird species and thirteen species that are now extinct.
Sadly not all birds are equal and some, in particular, are considered pests and can be harmful to other species and a nuisance to everyday life.
The most familiar bird species in Australia include:
- Water Birds
- Black Birds
- Larger Bird and Prey
- Smaller Birds and Honeyeaters
- Australian King-Parrot
- Channel-Billed Cuckoo
- Crimson Rosella
- Laughing Kookaburra
- Rainbow Lorikeet
- Sulphur-crested Cockatoo
- Tawny Frogmouth
In many contexts, birds are considered a major pest. Introduced bird species compete with native birds because of resources like food, space, and nesting sites. Some species are a nuisance to humans because of nesting in buildings, causing a mess, and spreading parasites like bird mites, ticks, and fleas.
How Do You Know You Have a Problem?
There are signs that could guide you if there is a possibility of a bird infestation near you.
Have a think about the signs below to get a sense of what you might be up against; we’ll discuss possible solutions a bit later.
- You notice bird nests and nesting materials strewn around the premises
- Bird noises and bird cries can be heard, particularly from young hatchlings
- You can see birds roosting on ledges and roofs
- Debris from feathers and nests that might be blocking drainage systems and guttering around the roof
Steps You Can Take
- Gather more information about the offending birds before implementing a plan of attack
- You can try a range of bird-scarers; change positions, colors, and types of scaring setups frequently
- Remove any nests using gloves and masks around chimneys and eaves, roof spaces, basements, porches, and window ledges
- Don’t give up if they become used to the methods and strategies you introduce. Start introducing something new right away
How to Get Rid of Birds?
Birds such as feral pigeons have been linked to kidney, heart, and lung diseases, respiratory problems, and salmonella. A work or home place free of damaging birds will help make a healthier and better work environment.
- Identify and assess If there is a need to eliminate annoying birds, it is important to ensure that they’re not a protected species before taking any further steps
- Remove food sources There is a need to remove food sources from or near the property, this forces the birds to relocate to a location with more viable food sources
- Search for the nest Birds usually nest in openings to lofts, vents, roof-space, crevices, and eaves. You can try blocking these with materials like wood, sheet, wire mesh, mesh, solid construction material to prevent them from entering or re-building their nest
- Spray the birds with water Make use of physical barriers such as netting and bird spikes. Try to make use of natural repellents like sprinkling spices that help deter pigeons
- Disrupt their breeding cycle You can disrupt their breeding cycle by removing eggs or removing nests. Bear in mind, you’ll need to remove eggs at 2-week intervals during peak breeding periods over summer and spring.
Q. Do birds carry different diseases, which can be transmitted to animals and humans?
Ans. Yes. Birds carry a variety of parasites, in addition, their nesting materials and bird droppings can carry almost sixty different diseases. These can also be transmitted to animals and humans. Especially if dried bird droppings are near air handling systems.
Q. Is it better to have a management plan?
Ans. It is definitely an excellent idea to have a management plan that targets pest bird species. Remember that birds vary greatly in their behaviour and ecology, which influences their response to various forms of control.
Q. What other pest bird controls could be implemented?
Ans. Other bird control alternatives that could be implemented consist of non-lethal techniques like chemical repellents, scaring devices, exclusion netting, and habitat manipulation. Other lethal methods may involve poisoning, trapping, and in extreme cases even shooting.
How can Mr Pest Controller help?
If you are continuing to experience problems with birds, please give us a call. At Mr Pest Controller, all our staff are highly trained, pest control Melbourne professionals licensed by the Australian Department of Health and Human Services.
All our chemicals are safe, eco-friendly, and biodegradable. We use the same chemicals for our clients as we would at our own homes.
All treatments carried out by Mr Pest Controller meet the strict health regulations of the Australian Government, as per Section101 of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (PHW Act) and the Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2009 (PHW Regulations).
Our treatments are pet and child-friendly.
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee
In addition, we have a 3-fold assurance:
- FREE Quote & Fixed Price Guarantee
- Safety Guarantee, the chemicals used are safe and non-toxic
- Results Guarantee, when you’re happy, we’re happy
Our friendly client care team is standing, please give us a call.
Pest Control ArticlesArticles
Fresh Starts at TheMrGroup
Ever heard of the famous movie line, “Today marks a new beginning!”? I mean yeah, we all did. Especially on those intense scenes with heroic musical backgrounds. Now, you’re smiling because you remembered a scene like this one, too. New beginnings can be a lot of things, but the most important and exciting ones are…
Keeping Fur Babies Safe from Pests
Australia is famous for its amazing fauna, especially the dangerous ones! It is not unusual to encounter several species of animals and insects (some quite dangerous) on a daily basis. What makes it a bit of bad news is that Australian households deal with pests on a daily basis. There is always a day or…
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We offer 100% satisfaction guarantee. Results Guarantee, when you’re happy, we’re happy. All our FREE quotes also come with a Fixed Price Guarantee.
What to expect on the day
Your technician will talk you through the entire process and all your options. They will also make sure any concerns you might have been properly addressed and you are comfortable with the work being carried out.
There’s a New Hero in Town.
Antenna Installation, Pest Control, Gutter or Solar Cleaning? There’s a hero for all your needs. Request a Free Quote if you need any help.