Your Local Possum Control Experts
Possums are unfortunately a rampant pest in dwellings and commercial properties across Australia. They need to be managed in a very specific, humane manner that follows strict industry guidelines.
Despite their cute and cuddly appearance, possums are unfortunately a rampant pest in dwellings and commercial properties across Australia. They can enter buildings via crawl-spaces or gaps in roofs and begin nesting and breeding. Apart from creating a racket through their nocturnal activities and keeping you up at night, possums can be carriers of parasites and disease.
What makes things tricky is that any possums that are caught must be relocated humanely. It is illegal to hurt, harm, or kill possums. There are two widespread species of possums that are considered pests:
- Trichposurus Vulpecular
- Pseudocheirus Peregrinus
Signs That Possums Start to Infest Your Home
It’s good to recognize some of the early signs of possum infestation in your house, which can set you up to take steps as early as possible. Some of the common signs to consider if possums are present in your home are as follows:
- Sound of possum activity on (or inside!) roofs, particularly easy to detect if the roof is made of aluminum or tin
- Possum droppings on your balcony railings, outdoor tables, guttering, or garden furniture
- The smell of rotting fruit; usually caused by food that is decaying in possum nests
- Your pets are un-comfortable and restless at night. If dogs keep barking or the cat seems to get into screeching fights at night, it’s probably because of possums
If you have noticed any potential signs around your home, you need to act immediately.
Steps to Take to Prevent Possum Infestation
Here are a few steps you can take to prevent a possum infestation:
- If possums are in your attic or in any other area of the house, learn how to clean and inspect them properly. This is one way to identify some of their entry points
- Seal off areas in the building such as attics, crawlspace, etc. that are the main entry points of possums
- You can also try setting traps within the roof-space. However, be aware that any possums that are caught must be relocated humanely. It is illegal to hurt, harm, or kill possums
How to Get Rid of Possum Infestation?
If possum infestation is evidently seen in your place, here are some of the steps you need to follow before calling a pest control service provider:
- Make use of some repellent products to help get rid of these pests. You can use urine powder or granules with mothballs
- You can try setting up traps for a catch and safe release if they continue to breed. However, it is best to seek professional advice regarding the ethical re-location of possums as they are a protected species
- You may scare possums by hunting them down using a pet dog or cat. They will eventually leave your place since your dog and your cat hunt them down
How often should our house be checked and visited for possum infestation?
When it comes to possum infestation, your building should be inspected and checked annually.
Will solving my possum problem be expensive?
As you can imagine, each case is different and we assess jobs on an individual basis. Our possum control Melbourne services are designed to treat possum infestation and are offered at the most competitive prices.
Why choose Mr Pest Controller?
At Mr Pest Controller, we use only the safest and healthiest treatments that will not harm your health or hurt the possums. Our approach is humane and in accordance with Australian guidelines.
Our treatments are pet and child-friendly.
We offer 100% satisfaction guarantee
In addition, we have a 3-fold assurance:
- FREE Quote & Fixed Price Guarantee
- Safety Guarantee, the chemicals used are safe and non-toxic
- Results Guarantee, when you’re happy, we’re happy
Our friendly client care team is standing, please give us a call.
Pest Control ArticlesArticles
Fresh Starts at TheMrGroup
Ever heard of the famous movie line, “Today marks a new beginning!”? I mean yeah, we all did. Especially on those intense scenes with heroic musical backgrounds. Now, you’re smiling because you remembered a scene like this one, too. New beginnings can be a lot of things, but the most important and exciting ones are…
Keeping Fur Babies Safe from Pests
Australia is famous for its amazing fauna, especially the dangerous ones! It is not unusual to encounter several species of animals and insects (some quite dangerous) on a daily basis. What makes it a bit of bad news is that Australian households deal with pests on a daily basis. There is always a day or…
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We offer 100% satisfaction guarantee. Results Guarantee, when you’re happy, we’re happy. All our FREE quotes also come with a Fixed Price Guarantee.
What to expect on the day
Your technician will talk you through the entire process and all your options. They will also make sure any concerns you might have been properly addressed and you are comfortable with the work being carried out.
There’s a New Hero in Town.
Antenna Installation, Pest Control, Gutter or Solar Cleaning? There’s a hero for all your needs. Request a Free Quote if you need any help.